To contact us Click
HERE
Danbury CT Nov 11 2012 When
Danbury police begandigging into the background of a man they suspected of trying to rob an armoredcar in September, they were surprised to find that the case bore strikingsimilarities to an equally audacious robbery attempt in
Bridgeport.
As it turns out, investigators established a link betweenthe two cases, leading to the arrests of three men early Friday, when federalagents raided their homes in
Bridgeport and in
Fairfield, authoritiessaid.
The suspects -- Brandon Jordan, of
Pembroke Street in
Bridgeport;Steven Wright, of
Forest Avenuein
Fairfield; and Andre Williams, of
Hancock Street in
Bridgeport -- were each charged with first-degreeconspiracy to commit larceny, first-degree attempted larceny and second-degreeconspiracy to commit robbery, according to
Danbury police spokesman Det. Lt. ThomasMichael. All three men are 28 years old.
Wright and Jordan, Michael said, had been working for thearmored car company, Garda, an international security company based in
Montreal.
On Sept. 27, at around 1 p.m., a man wearing a companyuniform tried to rob the armored car in the parking lot of the Chili'srestaurant at
81 Newtown Roadin
Danbury,police said. What happened next is not entirely clear.
Michael would not go into detail about how investigatorsmade the connection to the
Bridgeportrobbery.
"Based on investigation, it was learned that a similarincident occurred in the city of
Bridgeporton 20 August 2012," Michael wrote in an email Friday. "During theinvestigation, a suspect was developed, while looking into the background ofthis suspect a close connection between the suspect and a Garda employee wasdiscovered, from there a link to a second Garda employee with specificknowledge of the route that included (Chili's) was identified."
Michael did not specify which of the men he was referringto.
At around 6 a.m. Friday, about 18
U.S.marshals and
Danbury police detectives arrestedthe men at their homes in
Bridgeport and
Fairfield, according toan official with knowledge of the operation, who requested anonymity because heis not authorized to speak with reporters.
Wright and Williams are each being held on $200,000 bond,while
Jordan'sbail was set at $250,000, police said.
source-www.newstimes.com
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder